1. It’s 5:50 p.m. We’re still in our jammies. Fuck yes.
2. This is the first day the 5 y/o has more or less played on her own. Normally she always wants to be around me. It’s the magic of the fort! She’s barely left it all day.
3. Weird though, how I somehow feel like a bad mom. Like I should have been hunched over in there with her the past 10 hours.
4. I finished the painting I’m giving my mom for Christmas. I’m nervous to give it to her. She and I have such different tastes.
5. I have a scary appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed things are better than they were at my last appointment.
6. We need to work out the details with him being American and me being Canadian and what will hold up as a legal union and the fuckton of rules that go along with it, but New York and I are thinking of a super hokey Vegas wedding as soon as possible just to get paperwork moving. Cheesy to the nth degree. I’m excited.
7. Despicable Me made me cry today. I’m such a sucker for daddies that love their kids.
Return of the King won, guys.
It’s already an awesome day.
Nothing feels as amazing as stretching out in bed at the end of the day.
Except sex. That’s always better.
But still, bed stretching is gooood.
1. New York is a trained massage therapist, yet he’s never given me a massage. I think that needs to be rectified in the very near future. I’m broke, but I can still pay.
2. I’m currently in the bath. The water is so hot that it brought tears to my eyes when I got in, but the lights are off and two candles are burning and I am finally warm.
3. The person who has held my future in their hands the past four months called me twice today. Once to clarify some information, then again to tell me that I am an excellent mother and that I should breathe easy because she’s recommending I get what I’ve asked for. Life is strange, guys.
4. I don’t know my multiplication tables. I figure that if I haven’t needed them yet, I may as well make my peace with never learning the fucking things.
5. Since almost the beginning of our relationship, New York and I have talked about his son and my daughter as “our” children. But it’s only in the past couple of weeks that I’ve really started thinking about that. Maybe because the universe has finally decided to work with us on it. I’m going to have a daughter AND a son. One I carried and the other I didn’t, but I love and adore them both and they’re mine.