1. I’m wearing a dress today, after a skirt yesterday. And I got my hair done on Wednesday. Does this mean I might get my girl card back?
2. Clients love to send files and say final copy, then send me three more final copies. I waste time editing each version of that copy. And if it’s already in layout they love to say “Just drop the new copy in! It’s not hard!” Oh my fuck. Throat punch.
3. I texted the best friend to ask if she wants to take the kids to the zoo tomorrow because it’s supposed to only be -5. Plus, after five months indoors the tiny psychos have energy to burn.
4. The shmoozefest this morning ended up being great. I actually love events like that, I just wasn’t thrilled about it happening at 8am. I shmoozed my face off though and got to hold the newborn son of one of the province’s top ER docs, so I’m happy.
5. I also met the wife of one of the province’s political leaders. She was on me like hot cakes, telling me how much she loves the magazine and asking me to let her know about any more events like this one and saying we could meet up. For realsies. I was kind of shocked, but yay!